Life on the bright side, au soleil d'Emilie...

A blog about raising my baby girl, about my life as a wife, mum and lazy-eyed-cat owner, and generally about all the little random things which make each day wonderful.


Monday 21 March 2011

So here it goes...

I guess the hardest thing about any written project is to start it. I have been trying to get this blog off the ground, but I wasn't sure how to start. I wanted to talk about Emilie, her progress and just show off my little girl generally, but it all sounded a little dull - well for you the potential reader, I am totally smitten with my gorgeous little baby!

I investigated further the world of blogging, and found that they are generally fairly self-indulgent, so rather than worrying about whether what I write is interesting, I thought I would just start and see where it goes!

Starting at the start always seem the best option, but as all mummies will know, the first 6 months with a new baby always seem to go very fast and be surrounded by a nappy filled sleep deprived blur. Things are a bit more settled now - although the sleep deprivation remains! - but there isn't time for a catch up, so I will start with my 7 months old munchkin :-) Introducing Emilie, aka Millie, aka La Crevette:

Millie had a busy week, with her second photoshoot - I'll talk about this later - and a mid-week break at Center Parcs with her Mamie and Papy. Her very first holiday! She had a lovely time despite being unwell the week before and thoroughly enjoyed the pool, the ducks, squirrels, deers and the long walks in the forest in her buggy. My parents are in love with her and because they don't get to see her very often, they play non stop with her :-) She is a bit restless today though, Mamie and Papy have gone back home (Home is a village in the Loire Valley in France) and there is only me left to entertain her...  Here are a few photos from our trip:

No comments:

Post a Comment